[R-sig-DB] R DB interfaces and saving charts

Joe Conway m@|| @end|ng |rom joeconw@y@com
Sat Nov 27 17:43:32 CET 2010

On 11/27/2010 07:57 AM, bill hastings wrote:
> 1) Is there anyway to save a chart(produced by plot)
>
>     to a data base?
>
>     I see that most of the R DB methods
>
>     save output as data.frames or files.

Use PL/R with PostgreSQL.
  http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

For some ideas how to do this see:

http://blog.credativ.com/en/2010/07/postgresql-topic-of-the-day---advanced-analytics.html

-or-

http://bit.ly/9NZ0fz

This example shows saving data frames directly as R objects to tables in
the database, and also shows returning a chart as binary data (jpg) as a
result of a SQL query. It would be a simple matter to store that
returned data into a bytea column in PostgreSQL.

HTH,

Joe

--
Joe Conway