[R-sig-DB] [RPostgreSQL] Unable to find

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 25 16:56:59 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Ajay Ohri <ohri2007 using gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am unable to find R PostgreSQL ( I am on WIndows, R 2.12.0 ) via CRAN.
>
> Is the package still  available and working?
>
> Also what are the differences between RODBC ,RPostgreSQL and RpgSQL- and
> which one is recommended for PostgresSQL databases. ( I couldnt find rdbi as
> well)
>
> I am using PostgreSql 9.0

RpgSQL was developed so that PostgreSQL could be used as an optional
backend to sqldf of the sqldf package.  It was developed because the
existing driver packages do not currently have all the features sqldf
needed.  RpgSQL uses JDBC and so requires java.  It can also be used
without sqldf and supports a DBI interface so its usage should be
reasonably straight forward.

There is some discussion in thel link referenced here:
http://code.google.com/p/sqldf/#12._How_does_one_use_sqldf_with_PostgreSQL?

and there are examples of using it directly, i.e. without sqldf, in
the examples section of the ?pgSQL help page:
library(pgSQL)
?pgSQL

--
Statistics & Software Consulting