[R-sig-DB] Problem when loading package RMySQL

... m|r@d|hou@e @end|ng |rom goog|em@||@com
Sat Aug 21 12:10:18 CEST 2010

Hello,
I have a problem when loading RMySQL 0.7-5 on Windows 7 64 bit and
with a 64-bit version of MySQL 5.1.
My R version is 2.11.1 32-bit. I installed it from here:
http://ftp.yalwa.org/cran/bin/windows/base/R-2.11.1-win32.exe

I then installed RMySQL using a local zip file from here:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RMySQL/index.html
Windows binary: RMySQL_0.7-5.zip

Here is the error:

> library(RMySQL)
Error : .onLoad in loadNamespace() fehlgechlagen, Details:
  Aufruf: RMySQL
  Fehler: inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...)
Fehler: Laden von Paket/Namensraum für 'RMySQL' fehlgeschlagen

My Path seems to be set correctly:

> Sys.getenv("MYSQL_HOME")
                                  MYSQL_HOME
"C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1"

Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers