[R-sig-DB] RMySQL error under Windows Server 2008 64-bit

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Thu Aug 19 18:35:36 CEST 2010

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Betim Berjani wrote:

> Hello,
> did you find a solution for this?
>
> I have kind of a similar problem on Windows 7 64 bit and with a 64-bit

What is 'this'? If you cannot include the relevant parts of a previous
message, include a URL of it on one of the archives.

And note that you have singularly failed to follow the posting guide's
request for 'at a minimum' information, most notably the version of
RMySQL.

The list moderator.

> version of MySQL 5.1.
>
>> library(RMySQL)
> Error : .onLoad in loadNamespace() fehlgechlagen, Details:
>  Aufruf: RMySQL
>  Fehler: inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...)
> Fehler: Laden von Paket/Namensraum für 'RMySQL' fehlgeschlagen
>
> My Path seems to be set correctly:
>
>> Sys.getenv("MYSQL_HOME")
>                                  MYSQL_HOME
> "C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1"
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk