[R-sig-DB] ORACLE driver Ubuntu

Andrew Piskorski @tp @end|ng |rom p|@kor@k|@com
Tue Mar 2 14:36:07 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 01:28:16PM +0000, Luis Ridao Cruz wrote:

> I have installed an ODBC Driver for Linux (from the easySoft website)
>
> I want to connect to our database through R via:

Is there any particular reason you want to use ODBC to talk to Oracle?
Have you verified that you can connect to Oracle via other means,
e.g., does sqlplus work?  You've installed the Oracle client libraries
on your Linux box, right?

I've never tried ODBC with Oracle so I can't help you there, but in my
experience ROracle mostly works for basic use, and Oratcl works very well.

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp using piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com/