[R-sig-DB] Fwd: rmysql and strings containg \n

Paul Gilbert pg||bert @end|ng |rom b@nk-b@nque-c@n@d@@c@
Wed Oct 28 17:15:31 CET 2009

I've not had much luck myself with \n in MySQL strings. I suspect you get the same problem using the mysql client directly, which is usually a good test to see if the problem is R related or not. This could also have something to do with type of the field, and possibly with the character encoding.

Paul

La version française suit le texte anglais.