[R-sig-DB] crash with RMySQL

Jeffrey Horner je||@horner @end|ng |rom v@nderb||t@edu
Tue Apr 7 16:23:03 CEST 2009

christophe dutang wrote on 04/07/2009 04:35 AM:
> Hi,
>
> What do you want to check with mysqlClientLibraryVersions outputs? the
> fact that RMySQL is built against the good version of MySQL I used?
>
> When I tried to use RMySQL with a wrong version, I got a warning, then I
> use the correct version of RMySQL from
> http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/RMySQL

Recent RMySQL crashes on Windows involved mismatches in the compiled
versus the loaded client libraries.

In your case, I've found the bug and am in the process of fixing it. It
involves legacy code which I don't fully understand 100% just yet. In
the mean time, don't call summary() as this is partly to blame.

I expect to have a fix by the end of the day.

Best,

Jeff

--
http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner