[R-sig-DB] Pruary keys in an Access database via RODBC

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Thu Feb 26 08:02:28 CET 2009

>From the help (but please read for yourself)

Value:

      A data frame on success, or character/numeric on error depending
      on the 'errors' parameter.  If no data is returned, either a
      zero-row data frame or an error. (For example, if there are no
      primary keys or special column(s) in this table an empty data
      frame is returned, but if primary keys are not supported by the
      DBMS, an error code results.)

Try errors=TRUE for a text error message: on my system it says that
the ODBC driver does not support primary keys.

If that is the case for you (and I belive my drivers are up to date),
you need to ask Microsoft why.  (I do not cosider Access to be a
serious DBMS, and SQL Server's ODBC driver does support primary keys.)

Plese use a sensinle subject line (I've changes it): see the R posting
guide.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk