[R-sig-DB] Welcome to the "R-sig-DB" mailing list

Rad Nag nxr@dh@k @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Thu Feb 26 03:03:39 CET 2009

I am using R to access (.mdb) files (created in Microsoft access 2003) through RODBC.

am able to view the Tables and also list their attributes through the
sql............. commands. However, when try to acces the primary keys
(using sqlPrimaryKeys /odbcPrimaryKeys) I get a value of� '-1' on my command line,

i.e. I am unable to identify the PrimaryKeys in the Tables.

Any suggestions why this would happen.

The same problem persists for files created by Access 2007.