[R-sig-DB] RMySQL error under Windows Server 2008 64-bit

Michael Styer m@tyer @end|ng |rom @t@n|ord@edu
Fri Dec 19 20:04:21 CET 2008

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> Are you running R on that server?

Yes, it's all happening on the same server.

> If not (the most likely answer), you need MySQL on the client.
>
> If yes, I think you need 32-bit MySQL for RMySQL, even with a 64-bit
> server, since R for Windows is 32-bit.  But I've not seen a 64-bit
> Windows install of MySQL.

That's interesting. It doesn't seem to be reaching an incompatibility
with the version of MySQL, though. The installation routine for RMySQL
doesn't seem to be able to find the MySQL installation at all, so I was
trying to figure out how to make sure it at least found the installation.

Could it be looking for a file that doesn't exist in a 64-bit MySQL
installation? That seems unlikely but I suppose it is possible.

Michael