[R-sig-DB] RMySQL error under Windows Server 2008 64-bit

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Fri Dec 19 20:00:00 CET 2008

Are you running R on that server?

If not (the most likely answer), you need MySQL on the client.

If yes, I think you need 32-bit MySQL for RMySQL, even with a 64-bit
server, since R for Windows is 32-bit.  But I've not seen a 64-bit Windows
install of MySQL.