[R-sig-DB] [R] [R-pkgs] New package RPostgreSQL 0.1.0

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Fri Oct 17 13:42:49 CEST 2008

Following up the Windows point on a specialized list (R-sig-db), I was
able to get this to build with

setenv PG_HOME D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3

and a src/Makevars.win containing

PKG_CPPFLAGS=-I"$(PG_HOME)"/include
PKG_LIBS=-L"$(PG_HOME)"/lib -lpq

The problem is that you do need a fairly complete Windows install of
PostgreSQL, and I had to go back and add the development files.

Then you will need libpq.dll in your path: that is in (PG_HOME/bin). The
tests/*.R did not work, but that's a permissions issue (as for me on
Linux) and I needed to specify user="postgresql" and password="...".
Then minimal tests worked suitably.

I'll put a Windows binary on CRAN extras, at least for now.