[R-sig-DB] Saving R-objects to a database

Sean Davis @d@v|@2 @end|ng |rom m@||@n|h@gov
Wed Oct 1 12:15:39 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Christian Ruckert
<cruckert using uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> Someone solved the problem of saving R-objects to a database or can give me
> an answer like "this is not possible at the moment"?
>
> All my attempts runned into problems with conversion between blob, raw and
> character representations. Saving the R-object to a file and then getting it
> into the db leads to similar problems. Is saving to the file system the only
> practicable solution?

Look at the serialize function.  You can serialize any R object which
can be stored into the database of your choice.  Give that a try and
let us know with a code example if you have problems.

Sean