[R-sig-DB] Saving R-objects to a database

Christian Ruckert cruckert @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Wed Oct 1 11:53:44 CEST 2008

Someone solved the problem of saving R-objects to a database or can give
me an answer like "this is not possible at the moment"?

All my attempts runned into problems with conversion between blob, raw
and character representations. Saving the R-object to a file and then
getting it into the db leads to similar problems. Is saving to the file
system the only practicable solution?

In my special case I'm using a MySQL database with RMySQL package, but
suggestions for other combinations are welcome.

Greetings,
Christian Ruckert