[R-sig-DB] DBI:dbConnect () inherited method error for RMySQL v 0.5-11 driver

Chris Cotsapas chr|@c @end|ng |rom chgr@mgh@h@rv@rd@edu
Fri Jun 1 19:09:44 CEST 2007

Dear list,

I've been getting the error below when trying to connect to a MySQL
database (similar to this post from late last year:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-db/2006-October/000224.html)

I'm using R 2.4.1 on an x86_64 machine running Ubuntu/Dapper, RMySQL
v0.5-11 and DBI v0.2-3.

I'm really not sure what to do with this: I've tried updating all mysql
Ubuntu packages, adding dev packages etc, to no avail. The database
itself is functional and accessible.

I've also created a ~/.my.cnf file with appropriate entries, to no avail.

Any hints or comments most welcome.

Thanks

Chris

## Error Log ##

drv <- dbDriver("MySQL")
   Warning message:
   RS-DBI driver warning: (MySQL mismatch between compiled version
5.0.19
   and runtime version 5.0.22)

dbConnect(drv=drv)
   Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
	unable to find an inherited method for function "dbConnect", for
         signature "MySQLDriver"

## End ##

--
Chris Cotsapas, PhD

Research Associate
Center for Human Genetic Research,
Massachusetts General Hospital
and
Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT

A: 185 Cambridge St CPZN 6818, Boston, MA, 02114
P: 1 617 643 1634 (MGH)/ 1 617 324 7176 (Broad)