[R-sig-DB] DBI+RSQLite NAMESPACE problem

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Fri Apr 20 23:54:30 CEST 2007

Herve Pages <hpages using fhcrc.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> With DBI and RSQlite now having namespaces, if I want to do this in my package:
>

> .onLoad <- function(libname, pkgname)
> {
>     drv <- dbDriver("SQLite")
> }

After some discussion, I think the best answer is: don't do it like
that.  Instead, create a driver instance directly:

    drv <- SQLite()

This avoid any name space confusion.

At the same time, this prompted a closer look at the recently added
NAMESPACE files and I found some things that need fixing.  After a bit
more testing I will be pushing out updates for DBI and RSQLite.  It
remains to be seen whether these fixes would resolve this particular
issue or not.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org