[R-sig-DB] using DBI

Stephen Bond @je @end|ng |rom m@@t@queen@u@c@
Fri Jan 12 19:05:24 CET 2007

Yes I have that and
drv=dbDriver("Oracle") executes without complaint.
The platform is Solaris 10 on x86. I try

conn=dbConnect(drv,user='user',password='password',dbname='dwsh.blabla.com')
which fails complaining about no listener.

the connect string that does the job using occi is:

const string
connectString="(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY=
mplstcp)(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=dwsh.blabla.com)(Port=1522)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=dwsh)))";

Could you pls suggest the syntax to call dbConnect?
Thank you greatly

Stephen C. Bond
Queen's University