[R-sig-DB] using DBI

Stephen Bond @je @end|ng |rom m@@t@queen@u@c@
Wed Jan 10 04:21:07 CET 2007

Dear DBI Maintainer,

Please, help with the following connection: I need to connect to an
oracle database on HP Unix host.
I looked at the DBI.pdf which I am sure is very informative for the
competent readers but it is French to me.
I am not sure what is the difference between Oracle and ROracle drivers
and how to provide an IP address if that is at all possible.
Also, is there a need for special libs on the host as the DBI.pdf says
that the drivers need to be extended on the backend?
I know how to use SQL and conect from SAS or C++ using occi, but the R
DBI is a challenge.
Thank you very much
Stephen