[R-sig-DB] RdbiPgSQL on Mac

Tom Dye t@d @end|ng |rom t@dye@com
Sat Sep 10 19:44:57 CEST 2005

Aloha all,

This is an informational post that other Mac users of RdbiPgSQL might wish
to augment for the benefit of future users.

After a recent successful source installation of RdbiPgSQL from
BioConductor, I tried to install it on a second Mac.  This installation
failed to find bundle1.so.  I found this file in \usr\lib\ on the first
Mac and copied it over to the second Mac.  Once this was done RdbiPgSQL
installed properly.

I had thought the two Macs were set up the same, though the setups took
place about a year apart.  If someone knows where /usr/lib/bundle1.so
comes from, this information might help other Mac users down the road.

Thanks again for your earlier help.

Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.
735 Bishop Street, Suite 315
Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813
Voice (808) 387-9352
Fax (808) 529-0884