[R-sig-DB] PostgreSQL

Joe Conway m@|| @end|ng |rom joeconw@y@com
Wed Sep 7 17:12:35 CEST 2005

Tim Keitt wrote:
> These are the reasons I no longer maintain the package. Everyone's setup
> is completely different. I did get the postgresql folks to implement the
> pg_config command to make this easier. What is the output of "pg_config
> --configure"?

That's a good point. Also can you show us:
pg_config --libdir
pg_config --version

Is there really an "@" on the end of "libpq.so"? Is that a Mac thing?

>>I don't know what this line of the error message means:
>>checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no
>>
>>Could it be that my libpq is missing something that RdbiPgSQL needs?

Well, yes, it means that RdbiPgSQL cannot find libpq in order to link to
it. What I wonder about is whether it is really looking for libpq.so, or
is it looking for libpq.dylib. This is another of those Mac OS X things
I've run into before -- but I don't really understand when an so is
required and when a dylib is required.

Joe