[R-sig-DB] sending patches to maintenair and general installation issues

joseph speigle joe@@pe|g|e @end|ng |rom jk|h@u@
Wed Jul 7 17:23:02 CEST 2004

hello list,
I am writing about the Rdbi.pgsql package by following this link from personal mail with the sourceforge maintener, thk from users.sourceforge
I hope you can help me with the installation.  I can't find a makefile in the download from sourceforge.  Also, there are no instructions.  I downloaded from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rdbi/
.  I can run configure but that's it.  It substitutes its variables in Makevars but there is no makefile.  It doesn't mention linking against the R libraries, or installation instructions like where to put the module, if it's a dynamic module or not.
(these may be in the docs but let me finish)
Secondly, if I wanted to write  up this deficiency and submit patches in the future if and when I start working on the project, what would be the way to do that and who should I contact?  Is the project being maintained, and if so, who is primarily in charge?

joesp