[R-sig-DB] ROracle: Oracle database interface for R

Stephen Arthur @@rthur67 @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Thu Dec 19 17:39:10 CET 2002

Hi,

I use an Oracle 8.0.6 database (later to be 9i) on
Windows NT 4.0.  I want to use the Oracle database
with R using the ROracle package.

However, I am having trouble installing the ROracle
package on my machine.  Is ROracle for use on Windows
operating systems?

The downloaded file is called ROracle_0.4-0.tar.gz

When I try to load ROracle package internally from R,
using options:

1) "Install packages from CRAN..." the ROracle package
does not appear in the list as a loadable package.

2) "Install package from zip file..." the R tool is
looking for files with extension ".zip" when the file
I have downloaded has a UNIX-like extension ".tar.gz".

Is there another way to load ROracle package into R?
Is ROracle usable within a Windows environment?

I would really like to get R linked to Oracle.

Thanks for your help,

Stephen