[R-sig-DB] RODBC

Vikram Khurana vkhur@n@ @end|ng |rom m@||@nm|@@h@w@||@edu
Wed Jul 10 02:37:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm a R & Linux newbie.
I have been able to use RODBC to access Oracle RDBMS from R. However the
same RODBC zip package(downloaded from the contrib folder under Windows
on CRAN) doesn't work properly on Linux. I get the following error
message when I type library(RODBC)

Error in library.dynam(pkg, lib.loc=lib) :
	Dynamic library 'RODBC' not found
Error in library(RODBC): .First.lib failed

I also tried searching for the LINUX version of ODBC with no
success(can't find it under 'Package Sources' on CRAN or under the LINUX
directory.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction please.

Thanks,
Vikram