[R-sig-DB] RODBC

Vikram Khurana vkhur@n@ @end|ng |rom m@||@nm|@@h@w@||@edu
Wed Jul 10 02:22:00 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm new to R & Linux. I have used RODBC on Windows to access Oracle with
no problems whatsoever. However I tried using the same RODBC zip file
available under the contrib section for Windows, on Linux with no
success. When I type library(RODBC) I get the following error

library(RODBC)

Error in library.dynam(pkg,lib.loc=lib):

                  Dynamic library 'RODBC' not found

      Error in library(RODBC): .First.lib failed

I also tried to find a Linux specific RODBC package, but can't find one
either under 'Package Sources' on CRAN or the Linux subdirectory

I'm running Red Hat Linux 7.3 using VMware & have the R version 1.5.1

Does somebody know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help!

Vikram