[R-pkgs] MCHT: an R package for bootstrap and Monte Carlo hypothesis testing

Curtis Miller cmiller @ending from m@th@ut@h@edu
Tue Oct 9 22:43:51 CEST 2018

I'm pleased to publicly announce MCHT, an R package for bootstrap and Monte Carlo hypothesis testing. Here is the blog post announcing the package (https://ntguardian.wordpress.com/2018/10/08/announcing-mcht-package-bootstrap-monte-carlo-hypothesis-testing/) and here is a link to the GitHub page (https://github.com/ntguardian/MCHT). In the blog post (and in the read-me of the actual package) I explain how Monte Carlo and bootstrap hypothesis testing work, and I give demonstrations of basic usage of the package.

This is the first in a weekly series of blog posts explaining the package. Future topics include making the primary objects of the package (MCHTest-class objects) self-contained and immune from side effects; maximized Monte Carlo testing; bootstrap testing; testing with multi-sample or multivariate data; time series inference; and a final example that motivated my initial creation of the package.

I'm excited about the package and hope others will find it useful. This is the first package I’ve publicly released so I’d like feedback, such as whether I should submit the package to CRAN or a paper to J. Stat. Soft. or the R Journal. And please report any issues you encounter on GitHub; I won't know until someone tells me.

Curtis Miller

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]