[R-pkgs] robast Release 1.1

Peter Ruckdeschel peter@ruckde@chel @ending from uni-oldenburg@de
Thu Aug 9 00:12:53 CEST 2018

### RobASt release 1.1 ###

Updates for the packages of the RobASt family are now avaialable on CRAN in version >= 1.1.0

Most importantly, we have (finally) released on CRAN a (long announced) new package

                       "RobExtremes"

in the RobASt family of packages.

+ It provides (speeded up) optimally-robust estimators [MBRE, OMSE, RMXE]for Generalized Extreme Value
[GEV] distributions, Generalized Pareto distributions [GPD], Pareto distributions,
+ As other examples of L2 differentiable Scale-shape families, it also provides these (speeded up) estimators
  for Weibull and Gamma distributions.
+ It has robust (high-breakdown) starting estimators for
                 - GPD (PickandsEstimator, medkMAD, medSn, medQn)
                - GEV (PickandsEstimator)
                - Pareto (Cramér-von-Mises-Minimum-Distance-Estimator)
                - Weibull (the quantile based estimator of Boudt/Caliskan/Croux)
+ For all these families, of course, MLEs and Minimum-Distance-Estimators are also available through
   package distrMod
+ We bridge to the diagnostics provided by package ismev, i.e. our return objects can be plugged into the
   diagnostics of this package
+ We have the usual diagnostic plots from package RobAStBase, i.e.
           - Outylingness plots
           - IC plots
          - Information plots
          - compareIC plots
         - Cniperpoint plots (from ROptEst)
  but also (adopted from package distrMod)
         - qqplots (with confidence bands)
        - returnlevel plots
+ As a starting point you may look at the included script "RobFitsAtRealData.R" in the scripts folder of
   the package,  accessible by file.path(system.file(package="RobExtremes"), "scripts/RobFitsAtRealData.R")

This is joint work with Nataliya Horbenko (whose PhD thesis went into this ackage to a large extent),
nataliya.horbenko using gmail.de, with contributions by Dasha Pupashenko, Misha Pupashenko, Gerald
Kroisandt, Eugen Massini, Sascha Desmettre and Bernhard Spangl in the framework of project "Robust
Risk Estimation" (2011-2016) funded by Volkswagen foundation (and gratefully ackknowledged).
Thanks also goes to the maintainers of CRAN, in particully to Uwe Ligges who greatly helped us with
finding an appropriate way to store the database of interpolating functions which allow the speed up
-- this is now package RobAStRDA on CRAN.