[R-pkgs] randomForestSRC 2.6.0 - Our Fastest Build Yet!

Udaya B. Kogalur kogalurshear at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:32:12 CEST 2018

Dear useRs:

The latest build of randomForestSRC (2.6.0) includes significant
improvements in speed when a number of user options including general
ensembles, forest weights, importance and partial plots are in play.  We
managed to remove some bottlenecks that were occurring between the OpenMP
threads in larger-n and larger-p situations.  This was especially
pronounced in survival families.

As per the previous release, we believe the binaries provided by CRAN for
Windows, MacOS, and Linux support OpenMP out-of-the-box.  If you are running
a serial version of our package, we strongly recommend an upgrade path that
will allow you to run the parallel version.  This upgrade path may be as
simple as installing the CRAN binaries.  But, on some systems, it may also
involve a scenario where you will need to install an OpenMP capable
C-compiler such as GCC, and then compile and install randomForestSRC from
source.

Documentation and more can be found at:
https://kogalur.github.io/randomForestSRC/

Thank you.