[R-pkgs] Update of package metap now on CRAN

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 17:10:28 CET 2017

I have uploaded version 0.8 of this package for meta-analysis of
significance values. In the nearly three years since I last posted here
about it there have been some additions (see the NEWS) but the most
important change is an extended vignette which not only describes the
function but also gives some information about choice between them.

I would be very interested to hear comments. In particular I am
searching for published worked examples of (a) methods involving
weighting except for Stouffer's method (b) methods for correlated
significance values. I only include methods where I can check my coding
against a published example.

Disclaimer: meta-analysis of significance values is a last resort and if
you have effect sizes you should not use this package.

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html