[R-pkgs] New package: ggghost 0.1.0 - Capture the spirit of your ggplot2 calls

Jonathan Carroll rpkg at jcarroll.com.au
Mon Aug 8 14:56:08 CEST 2016

Greetings, R users!

I am pleased to announce the release of my first CRAN package: ggghost.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ggghost
https://github.com/jonocarroll/ggghost

Features:

 - Minimal user-space overhead for implementation; p %g<% ggplot(dat,
aes(x,y))
 - ggplot2 components added to the plot object (p <- p + geom_point()) are
stored in a list within p, and evaluation delayed
 - The incoming data is captured and retained for reproducibility
 - The list of calls can be added to (+), subtracted from (-, via regex),
and subset
 - The list of calls can be inspected (via summary)
 - The data and calls can be recovered from the object p even if removed
from the workspace.

Provides a solution to a question posed here:
https://twitter.com/JennyBryan/status/755417584359632896

Whether the pun name or the R code came first is a secret that dies with me.

I welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Kind regards,

- Jonathan Carroll.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]