[R-pkgs] Package HiveR 0.1-4 Released

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Sat Nov 19 20:37:24 CET 2011

I am pleased to announce the first release of HiveR, a package to
draw 2D and 3D Hive Plots.  It's currently on CRAN and on it's way to
a mirror near you.

Hive plots are a unique method of displaying networks of many types
in which node properties are mapped to axes using meaningful
properties rather than being arbitrarily positioned.  The hive plot
concept was invented by Martin Krzywinski at the Genome Science
Center (www.hiveplot.com) and there is a paper in press on the topic:

Krzywinski M, Birol I, Jones S, Marra M (2011). Hive Plots - Rational
Approach to Visualizing Networks. Briefings in Bioinformatics (in press,
should be available in about 3 weeks).

A vignette is available with background and examples.

HiveR has most of the basic functionality in place but I expect  a number
of small additions will be made in the next month or so, as well as some
large improvements in speed for 3D plots.

Please do let me know if you have questions, feature requests or find problems.

Thanks, Bryan
Prof. Bryan Hanson
Dept of Chemistry & Biochemistry
DePauw University
Greencastle IN 46135 USA
academic.depauw.edu/~hanson/deadpezsociety.html
github.com/bryanhanson
academic.depauw.edu/~hanson/UMP/Index.html