[R-pkgs] "new" package zoo 0.2-0

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Aug 12 20:04:26 CEST 2004

Dear useRs,

yet another "new" package: zoo 0.2-0.

zoo provides a simple S3 class and methods for totally
ordered indexed observations such as irregular time
series. Although there are other packages for irregular
time series available on CRAN (Giles Heywood's its
package and irts() in Adrian Trapletti's tseries package)
I wrote this package because I needed something which
provides simple infrastructure for observations with
(almost) arbitrary indexes (and not only "POSIXct" time
stampes as in its() and irts()). And it was at least also
useful for Gabor Grothendieck who provided most of the
updates to this version.

Best wishes,

Package: zoo
Version: 0.2-0
observations             such as irregular time series.
Depends: R (>= 1.7.0)
License: GPL