[R-pkg-devel] MSRV on Fedora

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 23 18:19:59 CEST 2024

Hi all!

I have 2 errors related to minimum supported rust version (MSRV) on fedora
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang/rsgeo-00install.html
that I do not know how to resolve.

The package {rsgeo} has a dependency on the rust crate geo which itself has
a dependency on geographiclib-rs which has an MSRV of 1.70 whereas the CRAN
fedora machines are 1.69.

As such, I cannot manage the MSRV of the package's dependencies.

As an alternative, can I indicate in my DESCRIPTION that the package is not
supported on Fedora so that CRAN machines do not attempt to build it? I
would be a-okay saying if you're using fedora you have to build from
source.