[R-pkg-devel] Help needed with CRAN check error under MacOS and old-rel

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sun Jun 30 13:32:39 CEST 2024

Hello, Pedro et al.:

	  Your package is on GitHub with GitHub Actions.[1] If whoever manages
GitHub actions feels inclined to add macos-latest (oldrel-1), this would
be one argument for doing that, though this kind of problem may be too
rare to justify the expense. That's particularly true since it's with
oldrel.

	  However, the fact that your ggpp package is available on GitHub would
make it easy with a Mac user with oldrel installed to run that for you.
If you don't the problem fixed from help on this list, you could try
R-SIG-MAC.

	  I just noticed that the error is in a vignette. I don't know if
vignettes are run by GitHub Actions. I recently had a latent bug in a
vignette reported to me by another user who updated a package that
depended on mine. It was apparently reported to him by
revdepcheck::revdep_check. I found the bug in the vignette and added a
small test cases to add to the examples of the problem function. Then I
fixed the problem (with help from Ivan Krylov on this list).

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves

[1]

https://github.com/aphalo/ggpp