[R-pkg-devel] NOTEs in packages using Rust

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 20 18:32:04 CEST 2024

To be clear, you need to delete the untarred folders after the build
process. You only need the dependencies at build time. After the build time
it has been compiled into a .so/.dll and then you must delete the vendored
sources. There's no reason that installing an R package should keep the *source
code *of the rust dependencies.