[R-pkg-devel] NOTEs in packages using Rust

Thu Jun 20 18:21:09 CEST 2024

I am not connected to CRAN (by a long shot), but if I were I would not accept any of the arguments you are making here.

I don't know what you are talking about with respect to excluding files in tarring... you should be using the package build processes as documented in Writing R Extensions.

Adding a final carriage return is straightforward to do using a Makefile as part of your vendoring updates... or you could submit patches upstream.