[R-pkg-devel] Debian and Fedora clang segmentation faults

Stephen Meyers @rmeyer@2 @end|ng |rom w|@c@edu
Mon May 27 20:29:56 CEST 2024

Hello everyone,

I'm updating the 'astrochron' R package, and I'm trying to resolve a new segmentation fault that arises only with the Debian and Fedora clang compilers. An example is the function 'asm', which has been a component of astrochron since its debut July 2014:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_astrochron.html

I'm developing this on a Intel Mac, and trying to track down the specific issue, without success yet.

The relevant source is in /src/asm1.8cR.f

Many thanks for any advice you can provide!

All the best,

   Stephen Meyers