[R-pkg-devel] gcc14 checks on fedora

Fri May 24 21:53:20 CEST 2024

On 24 May 2024 at 20:01, Brad Eck wrote:
| I received a note that my package -- epanet2toolkit -- was showing a
| warning in the fedora-gcc results on CRAN.
| https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/gcc12/epanet2toolkit.out
|
| I'd like to reproduce the warning and fix it.  Usually I'd do that with
| Docker.  Is anyone aware of a docker image or dockerfile with this setup?

By habit I usually try to see if what I need is already in Debian unstable
(or experimental if I must). So I just fired up 'docker run --rm -ti
rocker/r-base bash' and that one (which I stand behind) does have
gcc-14. Twice, infact, as 14.1.0 in unstable and 14-20240330 in testing.

There are also some efforts to provide containers of the (generally not
"exported") setup(s) at CRAN which may by now have this.  The last time I
looked for it it either wasn't quite there yet or fell short for another
reason.

Good luck,  Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org