[R-pkg-devel] State of the art for UBSAN testing

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 16 22:26:37 CEST 2024

Dear all,

I have been asked to fix a UBSAN error in my dqrng package. The error
itself and the necessary fix are quite straight forward. However, I
want to make 100% sure that I am really fixing the error. In the past
I had used rhub for tasks like that. But it seems like the new rhub v2
offers only ASAN testing. I have also tried various docker images
(wch1/r-debug, old rhub images, rocker), but with none of them I was
able to reproduce the error seen on CRAN. What would you consider as
"state of the art" for reproducing UBSAN errors?

Thanks
Ralf