[R-pkg-devel] An issue regarding the authors field in DESCRIPTION

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Mon May 13 15:54:08 CEST 2024

В Mon, 13 May 2024 08:33:04 -0500
Ruwani Herath <ruwanirasanjalih using gmail.com> пишет:

> This is what I entered in DESCRIPTION field.
>
> Authors using R: c(person(given = "Ruwani", family = "Herath", role =
> c("aut","cre"), email = "ruwanirasanjalih using gmail.com"),
> 	     person(given = "Leila", family = "Amiri",  role = "ctb"),
>              person(given = "Mahmoud", family = "Torabi", role =
> "ctb"))
>
> Authors: Ruwani Herath [aut, cre],
>   Leila Amiri [ctb],
>   Mahmoud Torabi [ctb]
> Maintainer: Ruwani Herath <ruwanirasanjalih using gmail.com>

R CMD build generates the fields "Authors" and "Maintainers" from the
field "Authors using R", so the easiest way forward is to delete Authors: and
Maintainer: from your DESCRIPTION. Next time you run R CMD build, the
DESCRIPTION file inside the resulting *.tar.gz file will contain the
correct fields "Authors" and "Maintainers".

--
Best regards,
Ivan