[R-pkg-devel] package removed from CRAN

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Wed May 8 17:50:44 CEST 2024

В Wed, 8 May 2024 17:30:46 +0200
"Jose V. Die Ramon" <z42diraj using uco.es> пишет:

> Could anyone please help me understand the reasons behind this, or
> suggest any steps I should take to resolve it?

Here's what I could find in
https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.in:

>>  .
>>  On Internet access.  Also other errors.

So Avi is right, this is about the tests and/or examples failing
(possibly due to problems on the remote server).

If possible, try to emit errors with a special class set for
Internet-related errors. This will make it possible for your examples
and tests to catch them, as in:

tests/*.R:

tryCatch(
 <expression potentially accessing the Internet using your package>,
 refseqR_internet_error = function(e)
  message("Caught Internet-related error")
)

--
Best regards,
Ivan