[R-pkg-devel] Urgent Review of R Packages in Light of Recent RDS Exploit

Maciej Nasinski n@@|n@k|@m@c|ej @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 3 18:17:52 CEST 2024

Hey All,

Once more, Ivan, thank you for your great blog post.
I found the https://github.com/hrbrmstr/rdaradar solution and ran it on the
100 most downloaded R packages.
Happily, all data/inst rda files are safe/non-exposed to RDS exploit (using
the linked solution).
Please access my fork for the results
https://github.com/Polkas/rdaradar/blob/main/cran_top_results.txt and the
run https://github.com/Polkas/rdaradar/blob/main/iter_all.R

It will be great to run it on all CRAN packages, but I imagine we should be
sure that the check is decent enough to not overload the servers without a
need.

KR
Maciej Nasinski
University of Warsaw