[R-pkg-devel] Urgent Review of R Packages in Light of Recent RDS Exploit

Maciej Nasinski n@@|n@k|@m@c|ej @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 3 12:04:27 CEST 2024

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for such a quick response.
“It may be worth teaching people that, in general, R data files should be
as trusted as R code.” I totally agree and that why I wrote that any code can be dangerous if run without proper scrutiny.
A few linkedin post generated most probably by Chat GPT (a lot of icons in them) make a lot of harm lastly. For sure I will try to make a post in my community and will remind that any code can be dangerous.

BTW. we can limit the possible scan with crandb downloads stats to only those which have more than x downloads a day:) I image it will be a demanding project.

KR
Maciej Nasinski
University of Warsaw