[R-pkg-devel] RcmdrPlugin.HH_1.1-48.tar.gz

Wed Mar 6 00:21:26 CET 2024

On 05/03/2024 5:41 p.m., Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
> My package is being rejected by auto-check
>
> Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
> Check: for missing documentation entries, Result: WARNING
>   Undocumented code objects:
>     '.__global__'
>   All user-level objects in a package should have documentation entries.
>   See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in the 'Writing R
>   Extensions' manual.
>
> The problem is that the string    '.__global__'  is not in the package.
> I can't find it and John Fox, the maintainer of Rcmdr, can'f find it.
>
> Can someone help me understand why a non-existent string is being detected?

That's the variable modified by the `globalVariables()` function.  So it
may well exist in your package.  I'd guess the problem is that your
package exports functions by giving a pattern for the names instead of
listing each one separately, and it matches that variable.