[R-pkg-devel] failing CRAN checks due to problems with dependencies

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Thu Feb 8 20:17:28 CET 2024

В Wed, 7 Feb 2024 08:40:44 -0600
Marcin Jurek <marcinjurek1988 using gmail.com> пишет:

> Packages required but not available: 'Rcpp', 'FNN',
> 'RcppArmadillo' Packages suggested but not available for checking:
> 'fields', 'rmarkdown', 'testthat', 'maptools'

One of the machines running the incoming checks was having problems. If
you followed the failing dependency chain by looking at the CRAN check
results of the packages described as "not available", you could
eventually find a package needing compilation (Rcpp or stringi or
something else), look at the installation log and see Make trying to
run commands that are completely wrong.

It looked like the path to the compiler was empty:
https://web.archive.org/web/20240208191430/https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang/Rcpp-00install.html

I think that the problems are solved now, so it should be safe to
increment the version and submit it again.

--
Best regards,
Ivan