[R-pkg-devel] failing CRAN checks due to problems with dependencies

Marcin Jurek m@rc|njurek1988 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 7 15:40:44 CET 2024

Dear community,

I've been trying to submit an update to my GPvecchia package recently. This
morning I was notified that my package didn't pass incoming checks. When I
looked at the log this was the problem:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available: 'sparseinv', 'GpGp'* checking
package dependencies ... ERROR

Packages required but not available: 'sparseinv', 'GpGp'

Like my package, these have been on CRAN for a while now and still seem to
be. However they both report an error in their respective CRAN checks, but
it's a weird one.

This is taken from GpGp checks but it's similar for sparseinv:

Result: ERROR  Packages required but not available: 'Rcpp', 'FNN',
'RcppArmadillo' Packages suggested but not available for checking:
'fields', 'rmarkdown', 'testthat', 'maptools' See section ‘The DESCRIPTION
file’ in the ‘Writing R Extensions’

I'm not sure how to proceed. I know the maintainer of the GpGp package but
I'm not sure what to alert him to if Rcpp does not work.

I really appreciate your help.

Marcin