[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission struggle

Sun Jan 7 13:08:29 CET 2024

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:52:44 +0200
Christiaan Pieterse <pietie.cjp.1908 using gmail.com> wrote:

> I have edited my package to have two examples. One uses a small
> self-generated dataset and another uses a big dataset. For the big
> dataset example, I put \donttest{} around it, should this be fine?

The small example is definitely fine: it exercises the code and does so
fast.

The big example wrapped in \donttest{} could be fine, I'm not sure.
I've seen CRAN packages that wrap the long parts of their examples in
\donttest{} while still making sure that R CMD check --run-donttest
exercises most of their code.

--
Best regards,
Ivan