[R-pkg-devel] Update timing of machines on CRAN?

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 4 17:34:48 CET 2023

Unfortunately, it is often important for us to pay attention to what
machines our code is being tested on.

I think the point is more or less that we often find ourselves trying to
make super small adjustments for machines and builds that are used by a
number of users in the single digits. The vast majority of R programmers
are not on these arcane machines. We should strive to support the vast
majority of users who use *fairly* standard distributions such as Mac,
Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, and maybe even Centos. Getting a note for a
release which has reach EOL can be confusing and tough to know how to
handle.