[R-pkg-devel] NOTE: Examples with CPU time > 2.5 times elapsed time

Artur Araujo @rtur@@t@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Dec 2 00:43:32 CET 2023

Dear R package developers,

Package TPmsm is not passing the incoming checks.
The following messages appear on 00check.log:

* using log directory �/srv/hornik/tmp/CRAN/TPmsm.Rcheck�
* using R Under development (unstable) (2023-11-29 r85646)
* using platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
* R was compiled by
    Debian clang version 17.0.5 (1)
    Debian flang-new version 17.0.5 (1)
* running under: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid
* using session charset: UTF-8

(...)

* checking examples ... [11s/3s] NOTE
Examples with CPU time > 2.5 times elapsed time
                user system elapsed  ratio
contour.TPCmsm 2.605  0.132   0.108 25.343

The example was running with 2 threads initially. Now it is running with 1 thread.
However, this example is not multithreaded, so there should be no difference.
Actually, for this example, the number of threads does not make any difference under my system.
I have no idea what is going on! Unfortunately, I do not have Linux to test.
Is there anyone who can help?

The package source code is here -> https://github.com/arturstat/TPmsm
The example in question can be found here -> https://github.com/arturstat/TPmsm/blob/main/man/contour.TPCmsm.Rd
The log files are here -> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/TPmsm_1.2.9_20231201_010132/Debian/