[R-pkg-devel] Cryptic error on Windows but not Debian

Adam @@eb@@dow@k| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 18 21:39:52 CET 2023

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for explaining in such depth. I had not submitted to CRAN before.
I will look into tools::R_user_dir().

- May you point me toward the policy that the package should not edit
.Renviron? I thought I was following best practices, but maybe things have
changed. For instance, this package changes the .Renvrion GitHub -
ropensci/qualtRics: Download ⬇️ Qualtrics survey data directly into R!
<https://github.com/ropensci/qualtRics> with the difference being that they
do not use withr::defer().

- It occured to me I need skip_on_cran() for the test "mm_authorize() sets
credentials". That is because testing_key(), which refers to an env var, is
not available on CRAN.  Even without testing_key(), the test
"mm_authorize() sets credentials" does not error. It gives a message

-- Skip (Line 4): mm_authorize() sets credentials ------------------------------

Reason: Can't find envvar MEGAMATION_KEY_HTTR2

but since CMD check does not print this as a NOTE, and testthat does not
print it either, I was unaware of it.

Best,
Adam