[R-pkg-devel] Package submission fail

Mon Nov 13 11:27:55 CET 2023

On 10/11/2023 1:35 p.m., Christiaan Pieterse wrote:
> Good day development team, I trust this email finds you well.
>
> I am trying to upload a package onto CRAN. Note that this is a second
> version of an existing package on CRAN, called iopspackage. I have built
> the package using the R CMD build function and checked the function using R
> CMD check --as cran--. The check yields 3 notes. 2 of them are regarding
> run time and big file sizes, which is expected and I can't fix since it is
> external functions used in my package that take that much time and a big
> example file required.

You will have to fix the run time.  Try running the example on a smaller
dataset, or don't run it at all (by putting it in \donttest{}). The file
size may be acceptable to CRAN; you will need to make an argument to
them in your upload.

The note about the "\_" entries comes from "country\_codes\_V202201"
(and similar).  That's not legal Rd syntax.  You could use
"\code{country_codes_V202201}" or some other verbatim wrapper.

I see a 4th note, about files Combined_Results.csv and
Combined_Results.xlsx.  If those files are produced by an example or
test, they should be in tempdir().

Duncan Murdoch

The 3rd note I do not know how to solve. I submitted